Monthly Archives: April 2014
Wawa celebrates its 50th year anniversary today, and by doing so they are giving away free coffee all day to all of its customers…make sure you stop by your local Wawa and get your free coffee!
The Invictus Group showed their support for Autism Awareness Month today and wore blue to the office
- It takes about 540 peanuts to make a 12-ounce jar of peanut butter.
- By law, any product labeled “peanut butter” in the United States must be at least 90 percent peanuts.
- People living on the East Coast prefer creamy peanut butter, while those on the West Coast prefer the crunchy style.
- Four of the top 10 candy bars manufactured in the USA contain peanuts or peanut butter.
- Americans spend almost $800 million a year on peanut butter.
- The average child will eat 1,500 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches before he/she graduates high school.
- Smucker’s began in 1897 when Jerome Monroe Smucker pressed cider from his mill and, shortly after, sold his first jar of apple butter from the back of a horse-drawn wagon.
- There are six cities in the U.S. named Peanut: Peanut, California; Lower Peanut, Pennsylvania; Upper Peanut, Pennsylvania; Peanut, Pennsylvania, Peanut, Tennessee; and Peanut West Virginia.
- In the 1920s, the Smucker’s line expanded to preserves, jams, and jellies.
- There are enough peanuts in one acre to make up 30,000 peanut butter sandwiches.
- November is Peanut Butter Lovers month.
- The world’s biggest peanut butter and jelly sandwich was created November 6th, 1993 in Peanut, Pennsylvania. It was 40 ft long and contained 150lbs of peanut butter and 50lbs of jelly
- 96% of people, when making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, put the peanut butter on before the jelly.
- The average American will have eaten 1,500 of the sandwiches before graduating from high-school.